Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Proplem upgrading from 1.38 to 2.2

2008-05-16 14:02:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Proplem upgrading from 1.38 to 2.2
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:26:27 +0300
> I running bacula server on a Debian Etch.
>
> I upgraded via www.backports.org and now...
>
> sd and fd starts seemingly ok, but dir does not.
>
> No error messages, no nothing. /var/lib/bacula/log is
> empty, no messages to screen nor syslog.
>
> Anyone been in similar situation?

Now I got some messages. While "man bacula-dir" does not say there is a
debugging option, I found it.

wellington:/etc/bacula# bacula-dir -u bacula -g bacula -d 9
wellington:/etc/bacula# bacula-dir: dird.c:877 Could not open Catalog
"MyCatalog", database "bacula".
bacula-dir: dird.c:882 Version error for database "bacula". Wanted 10, got 9
16-May 19:22 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: bacula-dir.conf

I guess I have to download the source tarball to get the database fixed:(
backports did not provide it...

Thanks for listening..