Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [beginners] Debian and windows XP

2008-05-14 04:54:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [beginners] Debian and windows XP
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:53:39 +0200
Hi,

14.05.2008 10:38, Jamal H Tandina wrote:
> Hi!
>
> i installed bacula 2.6 on a Debian 4.0 and i want to begin my test
> backing up some files on PC running with windows xp. And do a simulation
> losing these files that i backed up with Bacula and try to restore them.
>
>  Somme body have a tutorial i can follow ?

Have you done the more basic, suggested tests from the manual? namely
btape and local backup and restore?

Then, all you need would be in the manual, though not in the form of a
tutorial.

Rough outline:
- Install FD on XP machine
- Set up the client (most important, password)
- Set up the client for Bacula (Client resource - address and password
are essential)
- Test basic communication using 'sta client=<xp-name>'
- Set up a minimal test fileset
- Set up a job
- run this job manually
- restore from this job

Then, things should be good for production use...

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann