Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage Daemon and Compression Query

2008-05-09 14:39:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage Daemon and Compression Query
From: "Isaac D. Newton" <isaac AT isaac-newton.com DOT au>
To: Bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:38:43 -0400 (EDT)
oh I agree fully mate, Large is good, especially when dealing with something as
powerful as this.  I think it's brilliant, like a lot of people I have come
from tar.gz/bz2 land.  The manual is great, please, don't get me wrong, very
few OS apps have this level of end user documentation.

I must admit to being glad that a rethink on formatting is happening because I
have struggled to pin down info, my questions being a case in point.

Generally in the OS community I have learnt things through example ie.  howtos.
 I would like to see a collection of Bacula user guides pertaining to different
implementations.  The power of Bacula is enormous and growing, as a first time
user I have found the configuration more than a little daunting.

Hey I might even host them!  If anyone else thinks this would be a good idea
let me know!!

At the same time I know I am heading in the right direction with Bacula.  I
read a great quote in the FAQ:

"In fact, you do not tell Bacula what tapes to use. It is the inverse. Bacula
tells you want tapes it wants. You put tapes at its disposition and it chooses."

Cheers mate