Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Issue with windows-client

2008-05-09 08:32:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Issue with windows-client
From: "Mantas M." <mantasmlist AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 15:29:46 +0300
As John already noticed, file daemons interact with storage daemon
directly, director is only used to orchestrate the whole process.
If the director can access FD's and SD, it doesn't mean that FD's are
able to access the SD.

I'd guess that there's either a firewall on the client (windows xp
built-in firewall, maybe?), or it has something to do with windows
having a different DNS/WINS config than linux.

Cheers,

Mantas.