Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] same job always hangs can't be cancelled

2008-05-06 11:15:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] same job always hangs can't be cancelled
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 11:12:09 -0400
I had this same problem when I was using a bunch of regular expressions.
  As I understand it, Kern has been working on that.  When he looked at
my FileSet definition, I had used several regexDir and RegexFile lines.
  He suggested I change them to Wild based (i.e. WildFile and WildDir)
and that solved my issues.  He also said it would improve performance
and it did.

You may be end the jobs better if you restart the bacula service on the
clients with problems rather than cancel the job from the server as
communications between the two got messed up when I had this issue.  I
know that's not as handy but the key is solving the problem not dealing
with the symptoms.

    Bob