Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula restore without the director

2008-05-05 10:39:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula restore without the director
From: "Israel Miranda" <programadorlinux AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:35:40 -0300
Hi there guys, I'm pretty new to bacula, and I'm still studying the possible restore scenarios, and I need to know if there is anyway
of restoring backups without installing the director, with the volumes and the bsr files only. Is it possible?
Do I need to restore the catalog database as well? That's not a big deal, but I just want to know if with the .bsr files I can restore it without the catalog database.
for example, I did a full backup last night, and I have the following bsr file:

# 05-May-2008 00:51:12 - penelope-cvs-job.2008-05-04_23.05.07 - Full
Volume="penelope-cvs-completo-0025"
MediaType="File"
VolSessionId=5
VolSessionTime=1209915848
VolFile=0-0
VolBlock=220-999936136
FileIndex=1-18191
Volume="penelope-cvs-completo-0025"
MediaType="File"
VolSessionId=5
VolSessionTime=1209915848
VolFile=0-0
VolBlock=999936137-1443226287
FileIndex=18191-40077

with this file and the volume "penelope-cvs-completo-0025" can I restore the files within the volume?

And if anyone could give me any hints on wich program to use, brestore or only bacula console.
Sorry to post this question here if it has already been discussed. I searched in google and didn't find any meaningful result.
I'm reading these sections of the manual
http://www.sibbald.com/bacula/html-manual/Bacula_Consol_Restor_Comman.html
http://www.sibbald.com/bacula/html-manual/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#bextract
http://www.sibbald.com/bacula/html-manual/Bootstrap_File.html#_ChapterStart42

but I still have some doubts.