Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Same fileset differenr options?

2008-05-06 03:02:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Same fileset differenr options?
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:01:35 +0200
Hemant Shah schrieb:

>   I am doing full backup to tape, and then another full backup to
>   disk, the fileset is same but I do not want to do compression when
>   I run backup to tape, but I want to do compression while backing
>   up to disk.

At the moment compression can be enabled only in the fileset. There is
a feature request to enable/disable this based on the storage device.

> How can I set that up? Do I have to have 2 filesets?

Yes, but then the incr/diff backups of the two jobs will depend on
the two different full backups. If your second job only does full
backups this should no bother you much (besides the extra time and
load on the server). Maybe migration is also an option.

Ralf