Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Question on autochanger and tape drive settings

2008-05-02 14:23:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] Question on autochanger and tape drive settings
From: "John BORIS" <jboris AT adphila DOT org>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 14:22:53 -0400
Hello to the list,
I had bacula working fine and then had a mishap. Long story when the
server was returned to server I lost my configurations. I upgraded to
the latest source and installed. That worked just fine and I am now back
to where I originally had some issues getting Bacula to work the first
time.  I have a Dell-124T attached to my Fedora 8 box. mtx talks to the
changer just fine.

I get the following error when I try to label the tapes:

*label barcodes
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: LTO-2
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon LTO-2 at jerome:9103 ...
3995 Device "LTO-2" (/dev/nst1) is not an autochanger.
Enter autochanger drive[0]: 1
Connecting to Storage daemon LTO-2 at jerome:9103 ...
3995 Device "LTO-2" (/dev/nst1) is not an autochanger.
Device "LTO-2" has 0 slots.
No slots in changer to scan.

Below is my configuration

In my bacual-dir.conf I have the following

JobDefs {
  Name = "MainJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = jerome-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = LTO-2
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  Priority = 10
}
Job {
  Name = "Client2"
  Client = jerome-fd
  JobDefs = "MainJob"
  Write Bootstrap = "/root/bacula/bin/working/Client2.bsr"
}

# Definition of LTO tape storage device
Storage {
  Name = LTO-2
#  Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = jerome                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name
here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "I4KlbFSB/q97HYC/APK3QFjPZ5qeO/5HKP7QhFo4alC0"          #
password for Storage daemon
  Device = LTO-2                      # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
  Media Type = LTO-2                  # must be same as MediaType in
Storage daemon
  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
}

In my bacual-sd.conf I have the following

Autochanger {
  Name = Autochanger
  Device = Drive-1
  Changer Command = "/home/kern/bacula/bin/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg4
}

Device {
  Name = Drive-1                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
#  #
#  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
#  # Note, apparently on some systems, tapeinfo resets the SCSI
controller
#  #  thus if you turn this on, make sure it does not reset your SCSI
#  #  controller.  I have never had any problems, and smartctl does
#  #  not seem to cause such problems.
#  #
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#  If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
#Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}

Device {
  Name = LTO-2                        #
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
 Changer Command = "/root/bacula/bin/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
 Changer Device = /dev/sg4
 AutoChanger = yes
#  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
 Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
## If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
## Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"