Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Used space on (disk)volume grows 10 times faster than restored files?

2008-05-02 04:52:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Used space on (disk)volume grows 10 times faster than restored files?
From: Birger.Kollstrand AT devoteam DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:25:16 +0200

Hi,

We are running Bacula 2.2.8 and I was a bit puzled that the incremental backups took 12-14 Gb on our network. I did a restore of all files from the last incremental backup and did a du -h on it. That showed a size of only app. 800Mb. And that seemed reasonalble. So where does all the other Gb's come from?

I have tried to check the Volume file  to see what can be using all the aditional space, but I can't say I understand it.

Is there anyone with more expereince than me (total beginner) that can direct me in the right directio to solve my issue?

Kind Regards
Birger Kollstrand
Devoteam Telecom Norway