BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync: –protect-args on Mac OS X ?

2017-04-28 09:36:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync: –protect-args on Mac OS X ?
From: Steve Palm <n9yty AT n9yty DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 08:35:25 -0500
For others, it seemed to work with using '/Path With/Spaces in it/' in the
share name.  However, realizing how out of date the rsync binary is on Mac OS
X, I decided to install a newer version that is, from what I read, far more
memory efficient and utilizes the newer rsync protocol to be more efficient on
transfers. Installed that in /usr/local/bin/rsync and modified the xfer jobs of
those machines to use that path instead.  Now I can use the --protect-args (-s)
parameter.

 Steve