BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] My BackupPC can not backup root folder

2017-04-11 09:50:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] My BackupPC can not backup root folder
From: Nathanaël Belvo <nathanael.belvo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:49:41 +0200
Hello again,

Half an hour after my new try, I have excluded the files you advised me to, but it is not working.

In the LOG.040217 file, the last line prompts : 2017-04-11 15:18:55 full backup started for directory / (baseline backup #0)

I'll wait until it times out. Any other idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

First, let me apologize because I don't really know what reply form is expected on this mailing list, so I'll just leave it like this for this mail.

Thanks for your replay, I will try it now on a single server to test it, I'll come back later to tell if it succeeded.

Nate,

>>> My intuition is that there are things mounted and that ssh can not resolve mounted stuff, but I'm not sure of anything.

I've never tried to backup root before, but my guess would be that you'd need to exclude:

/proc
/dev
/sys
/run