BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Excluding folders from backup

2017-04-07 01:30:28
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Excluding folders from backup
From: Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 05:29:30 +0000
Hello all,

I'm at a loss here. I just can't get this to work.

Situation:
I have set to backup my homefolder /home/sorin on a CentOS 7.3 x64 box, but
I want to exclude the folders /home/sorin/Videos and /home/sorin/ownCloud.

To achieve this I have /home/sorin set in the field RsyncShareName.

In the field BackupFilesExclude I have the two folders /home/sorin/Videos
and /home/sorin/ownCloud.

The override checkbox is ticked on both RsyncShareName and
BackupFilesExclude.

The field BackupFilesOnly is empty, as this would override anything in
BackupFilesExclude as per the documentation.

Rsync is used for this client.
BackupPC v3.3.1 is used on the BPC-server, which runs CentOS 7.3.1611 x64.

Now, is there any particular reason why the folders /home/sorin/ownCloud and
/home/sorin/Videos _still_ gets backed up, despite my specifically adding
exceptions/exclusions for them?

I don't understand this... :-/
What am I missing here?

If more information is needed, please ask!

Thanks in advance for any hints.

--
BW,
        Sorin
# Sorin Srbu, Sysadmin
# Uppsala University
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry
# Div of Org Pharm Chem
# Box 574
# SE-75123 Uppsala
# Sweden
#
# Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482
# Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
# Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# O<  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# http://tinyurl.com/ascii-ribbon-campaign
#
# This message was not sent from an iProduct!
#
# Please consider the environment before printing this email.
# Join the campaign at http://thinkBeforePrinting.org
#
# MotD follows:
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.