BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Re: BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-04-03 07:48:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Re: BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
From: Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 06:47:59 -0500

On 2017-04-03 05:17, Richard Shaw wrote:

It should not be necessary to run apache as the backuppc user. When I have some time I may have to setup a CentOS 7 box up from scratch. I'm not sure at this point what I've tweaked but I'm not having the same problem.

Thanks,
Richard

To Adam,

I checked the apache error_log and found "(13)Permission denied: [client 192.168.242.29:43348] AH01620: Could not open password file: /etc/BackupPC/apache.users". Hum-m-m-m??

To Tim,

I changed the user and group to "backuppc" and noticed this. The first login asked for the user and password. The second and every logion after that automatically logged in, no request for user and password. Odd . . . so I reset the user and group back to apache.

I also noticed that when I modify the /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf to allow "Require all granted" it always logs in with asking for user and password.

The last thing I noticed is in both cases the navigation menu (on the left side under "SERVER") contains only five entries. Status, Host Summary, Documentation, Wiki, Github are listed entries. Compared to my v3 box, missing are Edit Config, Edit Hosts, Admin Options, LOG File, Old LOGs, Email Summary, Current Queues, and Sourceforge (which I think is only there because it's v3.)

This leads me to believe apache is "seeing" the incorrect permissions for the backuppc user, for that matter, any user and is not allowing admin access. Therefore it comes back to a permissions issue.

Perhaps this info will help Richard or anyone else to guide me to an operational v4?