BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Re: BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-04-02 19:26:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Re: BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:25:23 +1000
On 03/04/17 06:50, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:
> I have updated to your latest COPR and v4.1.1. Thank you for that.
>
> I have been researching signing into the web gui. Even before I
> upgraded to v4.1.1 I was having resistance to signing in with the
> backuppc user with the htpasswd I have set up.
>
> I mentioned in a previous email that the backuppc user appears in the
> /etc/BackupPC/apache.users file, as it should. But, When I sign into
> the [ipaddress]/BackupPC it gives an "Internal Server Error". If I
> modify the /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf file and add "Require all
> granted" and comment out the "Require valid-user" I can access the gui
> however, I cannot do much of anything. Understandable as BackupPC does
> not "know" the user I am accessing it with. When I invert this back to
> the correct configuration I am NOT presented with a user login but
> rather the "Internal Server Error".
>
> What file permissions rights should the /etc/Backup[PC/apache.users
> file have?
>
>  [root@localhost ~]# ls -alh /etc/BackupPC/
> total 192K
> drwxr-x---.  2 backuppc backuppc  112 Apr  1 06:55 .
> drwxr-xr-x. 80 root     root     8.0K Apr  1 07:42 ..
> -rw-r--r--.  1 root     root       47 Apr  1 18:14 apache.users
> -rw-r--r--.  1 backuppc backuppc  83K Mar 31 13:22 config.pl
> -rw-r--r--.  1 backuppc backuppc  83K Mar 31 13:22 config.pl.sample
> -rw-r--r--.  1 backuppc backuppc 2.2K Mar 31 13:22 hosts
> -rw-r--r--.  1 backuppc backuppc 2.2K Mar 31 13:22 hosts.sample
> -rw-r-----.  1 backuppc backuppc    0 Apr  1 17:53 LOCK
>
> Does your /etc/BackupPC/ directory have these rights?
>
> I am not sure I am looking in the correct place but, I think I am
> dealing with a permissions issue.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, please look at your apache error log file, it will tell you what
the problem is.
Basically, Apache is saying "I don't like this, and I don't know what
else to do, please get the sys admin to fix it". That's if it's a
permissions error on any of the related files (.htaccess, the password
file, or syntax errors, or options that are not permitted etc.

It is also possible to get an internal server error if the
script/program itself can't run, usually the output of the script (error
message) will be recorded in the apache error log, so again, that is
where you will find out what the problem is.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au