BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Blackout period not working?

2015-10-01 09:25:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Blackout period not working?
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 09:23:14 -0400
On 10/1/2015 3:16 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed that one of our BPC-servers started a full backup at about 0900
> hrs despite its blackout period was set as follows:
>
> hourBegin 8
> hourEnd 18
> weekDays 1,2,3,4,5
>
> Am I misunderstanding this setting, or aren't backups supposed to _not_ run
> from 0800 till 1800 on each weekday?
>
> This is running off of a CentOS 6.7 x64 and BPC is v3.3.1.

Two possibilities come to mind:

1) You didn't specify whether you were looking at the main server config
or the host config.  Blackout periods can be set on a per-host basis, so
a host config can override the blackout period set in the main server
config.

2) If a host is frequently unreachable, BPC may ignore the blackout
period and back it up as soon as it sees it on the network again. This
is controlled by the BlackoutGoodCnt and BlackoutBadPingLimit settings.

--
Bowie