BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop

2015-05-21 04:08:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop
From: zdravko <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 01:06:25 -0700
As I understand VPN and NAT (it) are different things.We use vpnc from linux to
some other network. It is different. My client gets IP from that foreign
netowrk and works like being hardwired into another network. That is VPN. No
NAT forwarding needed.
Here, my home PC gets connetcted to office network, but as a different network.
This configuration was set up by an "expert" IT, who sold us Synology offering
to install it, too. It works (for me), he said, and left. Who cares if it is
working properly or not.