BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] All incr fail(SIGPIPE) all full complete - cygwin/W7

2015-05-14 13:20:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] All incr fail(SIGPIPE) all full complete - cygwin/W7
From: fred AT damen DOT org
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 12:17:41 -0500
On Thu, May 14, 2015 11:46 am, Les Mikesell wrote:
> So far the only thing we know for sure is that you get a sigpipe - and
> that just means that the other end of the connection has exited or the
> tcp connection is broken.  Nothing makes much sense yet about the
> underlying reason.
You have hit on the root of my conundrum.  Rsync on the backuped-up client
does not seem to want to write log messages to the log, (it is able to create
the log file, albeit empty), and there is no discernible reason on the
BackupPC server as to why the connection is broken.  I am grabbing at straws
here.

Any guesses as to why log messages are not showing up in the log file on the
client.  I would expect at least a version message when rsync is started as a
service or upon start of a transfer.
1) rsync appears to have write access to the log file.
2) Used cygwin install program to install rsync and all dependencies.

Thanks in advance,

Fred