BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Newest rsyncd for Windows -- "chdir" error

2015-03-16 13:52:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Newest rsyncd for Windows -- "chdir" error
From: Zach La Celle <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:35:25 -0400
I've been using the older version of rsyncd on Windows machines with one
issue: it doesn't handle long filenames.

I wanted to try the newest version of the Cygwin rsync daemon, and
installed 3.0.9 from the website.

Now, when I try to connect, I get the following error:

@ERROR: chdir failed
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1534) [Receiver=3.0.9]

The rsyncd.secrets file and rsyndd.conf are the exact same as before,
and I've checked through them to try and find any issues.

Any ideas?