BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing UP VMware ESXi VMs - Solution

2014-12-24 17:43:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing UP VMware ESXi VMs - Solution
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 23:41:41 +0100
Hi,

meanwhile (you see, it is Christmas, I have some time to think ;)) I am
not so sure this is a good solution.

How does rsync handle files with same name, same content but it was
created later than the previous?

with my script the splited image files gets created every backup run
from scratch. Does rsync transfer them even if they are named the same
with the same content?

If so I have to keep the files- would it help to zero them with "echo
''>" until the next backup run then?

Greetings

Christian