BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Admin and Admin1 host? Is it maintenance?

2014-09-05 09:11:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Admin and Admin1 host? Is it maintenance?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:09:44 -0400
On 09/05 08:45 , Francisco Suarez wrote:
> I have this showing on the dashboard this morning. Not sure what i means?
>
> Currently Running Jobs
>
> HostTypeUserStart TimeCommandPIDXfer PIDadmin9/5 01:00BackupPC_nightly -m 0
> 1276156admin19/5 01:00BackupPC_nightly 128 2556157

The BackupPC_nightly job cleans up files which have been deleted from the
backup pool (i.e. finds files which have a refcount of 1, meaning no hosts
being backed up link to that file). Based on settings in config.pl, it may
check all the files in the pool, half of them, 1/4th, 1/8th, 1/16th, etc.
Checking fewer files in the pool means it takes less time to run, but it
will take longer to delete files which are no longer needed (and thus free
space on disk).

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator