BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to acess backuppc web interface

2014-04-25 11:03:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to acess backuppc web interface
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:00:27 -0400
On 4/25/2014 5:37 AM, vinnu5064 wrote:
> we formatted formatted the entire system because of this error, but before
> doing that we had taken a backup of folder which is in /var/lib/backuppc but
> here is a problem like BackupPC.sock file (with filetype as socket, having
> size 0kb) which is in /var/lib/backuppc/log/ cannot be copied, so we skipped
> it and copied entire /var/lib/backuppc folder. now at this moment we
> installed it again and try to replace the old backuppc folder with newly
> generated /var/lib/bacuppc folder.....
>
> but no use application is working fine with only having BackupPC.sock file in
> /var/lib/backuppc/log/
>
> we tried to copy in many ways
> using cp cmd
> using touch cmd to create a file -----> here it identified as a regular file
> not as a socket file
> using inode number
> transfer into mail

I'm not understanding you here.  The subject says "unable to access web
interface", but nothing in the rest of your email makes any reference to
the web interface.  You reference BackupPC.sock, but I can't figure out
what you are trying to say about it.

Please restate the problem.

1) What are you doing that causes the problem? (for example, "trying to
log into the website" or "trying to start a backup")
2) What did you expect to happen?
3) What actually happened?
4) Did you get any error messages?
5) What have you tried doing to solve the problem?

--
Bowie