BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup seem to fail after premature child issue

2014-02-25 11:00:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup seem to fail after premature child issue
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:58:31 -0600
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM, Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> We actually dont know when it will go down, thats why I was wondering how to
> handle it when it happens. What is the workaround for it?

Normally backuppc will retry and recover from errors by itself.   Did
you wait long enough for the timeout to happen plus another wakeup
that is not in the blackout period?   You might have to tune those
settings if you need faster retries.   Or run more concurrent backups
if the one(s) hung on timeout are backing up the working runs.