BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Recommended CYGWIN SSH & Rsync guide

2013-12-04 12:58:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Recommended CYGWIN SSH & Rsync guide
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:55:43 -0800
You'll have to edit the scripts on the client machine to kick off VSS on additional drives.  Then you'll edit the rsyncd mount points accordingly.

If I recall, the applicable files are backuppc.cmd, vsrsync.cmd, and rsyncd.conf

There are also differing versions of vshadow depending on your client OS (http://edgylogic.com/blog/vshadow-exe-versions/).  I just include them all and edit the scripts to choose accordingly.

Also, bear in mind that Michael's solution isn't really meant for in-place restores (you can alter it to do it, but this can potentially cause more trouble than it's worth).  But 99% of the time we only have to restore a single file so it's easy enough from the web interface.