BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Recommended CYGWIN SSH & Rsync guide

2013-12-03 18:00:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Recommended CYGWIN SSH & Rsync guide
From: John Habermann <jhabermann AT cook.qld.gov DOT au>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:46:22 +1000
Just in case you haven't come across it I have found Michael's windows
Backuppc client http://www.michaelstowe.com/backuppc/ works quite well
for backing up windows servers using rsync. It is using rsyncd rather
than rsync over ssh so might not be of use to you for that reason.

--
John Habermann|Senior IT Officer|Corporate Services

Cook Shire Council

Phone|07 4069 5444   Fax|07 4069 5423

Email|jhabermann AT cook.qld.gov DOT au <mailto:jhabermann AT cook.qld.gov DOT
au>
Website|www.cook.qld.gov.au <http://www.cook.qld.gov.au/>

Address|10 Furneaux Street (PO Box 3), Cooktown, Qld, 4895

 This email transmission is intended only for the use of the person or
 entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
 privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure by law.  If you are
 not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying
 of this transaction is strictly prohibited.  The sender accepts no
 responsibility for any malware, grey ware, spy ware, viral applications
 or code accompanying this transmission.  The person or entity in
 receipt of this transmission indemnifies the sender (be they
 individual or corporation) against any loss incurred through the
 receipt/acceptance/clearance/opening of this transmission.  If you have
 received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
 email, facsimile or telephone and disregard the email.