BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to download backup directory

2013-06-20 08:50:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to download backup directory
From: 杨华杰 <yhjhoo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:48:18 +0800
Yes, I also found it. I was scared to click the button because I think it will restore the content directly. After a while I realized it still have other options.

Anyway thanks for your answer.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM, 杨华杰 <yhjhoo AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Am I able to download the backup directory? I don't need to restore to the
> real server. But instead I want to copy it to another portable hard disk
> only.

Yes, there are several ways.  After you pick the directory you want to
restore in the web interface you will have a choice of whether to
restore it back to it's original or a different location, or to
download it through the browser as a tar or zip archive.   If you are
going to do it regularly, you may want to look at the 'archive host'
function in the software or the command line 'BackupPC_tarCreate'
tool.