BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] exclude ignores hidden folders

2013-06-15 07:44:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] exclude ignores hidden folders
From: "StompDagger1 AT yahoo DOT com" <stompdagger1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com" <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 01:26:47 -0700 (PDT)
>Hello Bowie,
>
>>On 6/14/2013 4:23 AM, StompDagger1 AT yahoo DOT com wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to backup my /home folder but exclude the vm folder used by
>>> VB, but for some reason when ever I run backup, the folder's content
>>> is always backed up.
>>>
>>> what am I doing wrong? here is the host's config:
>>>
>>> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>>>   '/home',
>>>   '/root'
>>> ];
>>
>>Ok, so you have two shares, '/home' and '/root'.
>>
>>> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>>>   '/home/virt_admin' => [
>>>     'Machines'
>>>   ],
>>
>>This will do absolutely nothing, since there is no share named
>>'/home/virt_admin'
>I see, strangely enough I remember that this actually worked and the content
>of Machines wasn't updated.
>none the less I'll do this, thanks.
>>
>>>   '/home/*' => [
>>>     '.VirtualBox/Machines',
>>>     'Downloads'
>>>   ]
>>> };
>>
>>This one should work to exclude files/folders with these names under the
>>'/home' share.
>thing is, it doesn't seems to do that, I still backup this folder's content.
>>
>>You should add another one here for 'virt_admin/Machines' to replace the
>>non-functional exclusion above.
>
>I'll try what you have suggested to see maybe it will work, will update later
>on, thanks.

ok, I'm half way into the backup and I see that the content of
.VirtualBox/Machines is backed up so something I'm doing wrong, see:

NCC-5001-D ncc-5001-d_home # find new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fLogs
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fLogs/fVBox.log
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fLogs/fVBox.log.2
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fLogs/fVBox.log.1
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fLogs/attrib
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fLogs/fVBox.log.3
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fSnapshots
new/f%2fhome/fuser/f.VirtualBox/fMachines/fWindows/fWindows-flat.vmdk

any hints?

Thanks.