BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with SELinux context

2013-03-15 15:16:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with SELinux context
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:14:53 -0500
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Jeff Boyce <jboyce AT meridianenv DOT com>
wrote:
> Backups are being stored on separate partition, not standard for BackupPC:
> /bkupdata
>
> Standard BackupPC storage location:
> /var/lib/BackupPC

I actually ran into something like the on a paid contracting job,
except that I new ahead of time not to try to use a location other
than /var/lib/BackuPC.

In this case I didn't have permission to change the mount locations so
I setup a bind to /var/lib/BackupPC and it has worked fine for 3+
years. Although a symbolic link would technically work, I wouldn't
recommend it.

Richard