BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Connection failed, nt status bad network name

2013-03-08 19:53:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Connection failed, nt status bad network name
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 01:52:18 +0100
Hi,

Jeff Boyce wrote on 2013-03-08 16:19:23 -0800 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Connection
failed, nt status bad network name]:
> [root@bacteria ~]# smbclient  '//jab-opti755/c$' -UAdministrator
> Enter Administrator's password:
> Anonymous login successful
> Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate 6002 Service Pack 2]
> Server=[Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate 6.0]
> tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
>

> Ok, that one didn't work.  But if I switch to the user that is common
> between Bacteria and jab-opti755, I can connect and see the desired share
> that I want to backup.  What does this tell me?

that it should work in principal :-).

> Where do I go from here?

What does your /etc/backuppc/hosts file look like, in particular, is the dhcp
flag for the host in question correctly set to 0?

What is your PingCmd set to? What do your BackupPC log files show you? Can you
see what happens leading up to the failure? It seems that pings are failing,
although ping from the command line is working, so it does not seem that an
SMB connection is ever attempted.

Regards,
Holger