BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] need help with windows backup

2013-03-01 16:05:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] need help with windows backup
From: upen <upendra.gandhi AT gmail DOT com>
To: mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:53:48 -0600
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Michael Stowe
<mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org> wrote:

>> On 01/03/13 09:42, upen wrote:
>>> wow, all this time I thought this was linux side. Thanks!!
>>>
>>> When I do which at on windows, I see , /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/at .
>>> Is that correct path?
>> Sorry, I replied before quickly from my mobile...
>>
>> It could also be C:\Windows\system32\at depending on whether it runs
>> from a cygwin shell, or runs from a windows command prompt.
>>
>> A little trial and error might be needed, or careful examination of the
>> logs.
>>
>> Basically the linux machine runs a command on windows, which doesn't
>> have permission to take the snapshot, so it creates a task to run
>> shortly (using at) which will setup the vss/snapshot.
>>
>> Hope this helps....
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adam
>>
>> --
>> Adam Goryachev
>> Website Managers
>> www.websitemanagers.com.au
>
> Sorry, that's not correct; for the winexe solution, it doesn't use "at"
> nor does it need to work around permissions on the Windows side.
>
> Instead, at is used in the script to prevent winexe from hanging
> indefinitely.  The pipe to "at now" on the *nix side is what's throwing
> the path error.
>
> This can be corrected by updating the path in the script, or using the
> full path to at.

Hello Michael,
Finally get to hear from the master.

/usr/bin/at worked fine. I had to start atd on my box.

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7

------------No at errors now-------------
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
job 8 at Fri Mar  1 10:50:00 2013

full backup started for directory C (baseline backup #5)
started full dump, share=C
Connected to a.b.c.d:873, remote version 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Connected to module C
Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive
--specials --checksum-seed=32761 --ignore-times . .
Checksum caching enabled (checksumSeed = 32761)

Thanks a lot!
UG