BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Exclusion not working with rsync

2011-10-26 20:51:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Exclusion not working with rsync
From: "Steve M. Robbins" <steve AT sumost DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:49:48 -0500
Hi,

I'm backing up my local machine using rsync; see configuration below.
Despite the exclusion, I still get /home/steve/Packages in my backup.
I tried also '/home/steve/Packages/*' with the same result.  What's
the magic?

#
# Local server backup of /etc as user backuppc
#
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
  '/etc',