BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost (BackupPC_tarCreate failed)

2011-10-12 09:14:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] localhost (BackupPC_tarCreate failed)
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:13:20 +0100
On 2011-10-12 13:53, Joseph Reeves wrote:
> I've tried reading the RestoreLOG file, but it's in .z format - I don't
> seem to have anything on my Ubuntu laptop that s happy with this. Are there
> any suggestions? I'm under the impression that this file should include the
> command that backuppc attempted to run?

Try:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_zcat <file>

Exact path depends on distribution.

You can use a similar path to test BackupPC_tarCreate, which may tell you
why it is failing.

Finally, if you can use samba mount locally, you should be able to use the
BackupPC SMB backup method to remotely access the share instead of
accessing it from localhost.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"To have a child is to give fate a hostage."
   -- John F. Kennedy