BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_tarPCCopy TopDir parsing

2011-10-05 01:52:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_tarPCCopy TopDir parsing
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 22:51:04 -0700
This is an FYI. I suspect this is an artifact of the Fedora RPM packaging
of 3.2.1 or possibly my earlier installation of 3.0.0 from a CentOS RPM. If
so, perhaps a comment in config.pl would be good to indicate whether paths
should be slash-terminated. (Apparently they should NOT be
slash-terminated.)

The check for the argument being a subdirectory of TopDir doesn't handle
the  case of TopDir terminated with a slash:

$Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/BackupPC/';

The result is this mysterious error message:

Argument /var/lib/BackupPC/pc must be an absolute path starting with
/var/lib/BackupPC/

I'd have to use two slashes for the argument:

$ /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_tarPCCopy /var/lib/BackupPC//pc | tar
xvPf -

And this blows up a bit later matching the TopDir path to subdirectories.

After removing the trailing slash from TopDir in config.pl I still get this
warning:

Can't extract TopDir (/var/lib/BackupPC) from /var/lib/BackupPC/pc