BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] incremental smbclient directory empty

2011-04-26 21:32:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] incremental smbclient directory empty
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: jordifragoso AT gmail DOT com, jguillem <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 03:31:12 +0200
Hi,

jguillem wrote on 2011-04-26 05:54:56 -0700 [[BackupPC-users]  incremental
smbclient directory empty]:
> What commands you use to perform the incremental backup?

standard rsync over ssh. Why?

> To full backup I try it and works:
>
> smbclient //host/share  -U user -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ inc -Tc file.tar *
>
> and try it to incremental but dont work
>
> smbclient //host/share  -U user -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ inc -TcN file.tar *

Ah. Look in your configuration or log file. Read the documentation. It would
appear your incremental command is missing a timestamp file. And I doubt you
really want 'tarmode inc', though for testing it probably doesn't make much of
a difference. In reality, you're escaping the '*', right?

Doubt that helps.

Regards,
Holger

> |This was sent by jordifragoso AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

Why am I not surprised?