BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] excluding files

2011-04-04 11:38:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] excluding files
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:36:18 -0400
On 4/3/2011 5:59 PM, Scott wrote:
> I tried excluding files and does not seem to be working :
>
> In the web interface I added an entry for:  *.MPG
>
> Yet in the backup pc folder I am seeing .MPG files!
>
> Do I need to type anything more than just  "*.MPG" ?   (windows client)

You probably just put the entry in the wrong place.

First, you need to create a key.  This will either be identical to one
of your share names, or * to affect all shares.  Once you have added the
key, then you can add exclusions.

If you look at the exclusion section in the web interface, you should
see the share name or *, followed by a "Delete" button.  Then there will
be"Insert" and "Delete" buttons followed by your "*.MPG" exclusion.

--
Bowie