BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Daylight Saving change - 1 day backups were off

2011-04-01 12:29:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Daylight Saving change - 1 day backups were off
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 17:27:07 +0100
On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 17:30 +0200, Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> Thus, *what* was the problem that my backups did not run on this last
> time?
> I double-checked and my IncrPeriod is 0.97

>>From your logs, it appears the backups did run on 2011-03-28. You're
saying they did not run on 2011-03-29, right? Do the logs show anything
useful there?

You may be right in thinking it's related to timezone, but I find it odd
that it would happen two days later.

What I can say is this: I used for run my backups with a single wakeup
daily, in order to try to force all the backups to start at the same
time. In the long run, I had too many problems where one backup would
fail for one reason or another, and it wouldn't try again until the next
day. Now I use wakeups every hour, and use BlackoutPeriods to encourage
the backups to run at certain times.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
   -- George Orwell