BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Spreading full backups over the week

2010-11-12 07:38:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Spreading full backups over the week
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:38:35 +0100
also sprach Stephen Joyce <stephen AT physics.unc DOT edu> [2010.11.11.1459
+0100]:
> Sure. Take a look at
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Distribute_Full_Backups

Hm, thanks for that. I am sorry I didn't find this myself and had to
bother the list.

Maybe there'd be reason for a "splay" parameter for hosts, e.g.
setting splay to 86400 would mean that a random number of seconds
less than a day would need to pass between schedule of a host and
start of the backup.

"and if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
 you shout and no one seems to hear
 and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
 i'll see you on the dark side of the moon."
                                                   -- pink floyd, 1972

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net