BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using Wildcards in include file paths.

2010-11-01 22:23:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using Wildcards in include file paths.
From: Ed McDonagh <ed.mcdonagh AT rmh.nhs DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:24:31 +0000
The page on the wiki might help:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Smb_exclude

Just remember that with smb you can either include specific
directories/files within a share, or exclude. You cannot do both.

There is a nice recipe I have used previously for the standard excludes
on a WinXp/Vista etc setup, but I can't find a link for it.

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 08:37 -0400, swisstone wrote:
> I have been running BackupPC for 2 years and everytime I add a client PC (XP
> Pro) to be backed up I manually add the machine and its folder paths.
> This can lead to much confusion as everytime a different user starts or a
> machine is moved the configs all need to be changed.
>
> I would like to backup:
>
> c$\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Desktop
> c$\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents
>
> I have to change the script for every user....  [Rolling Eyes]
> I tried a wildcard
>
> c$\Documents and Settings\*\Desktop
>
> But the wildcard just throws a path error? Is this possible?
> I would like to just backup the whole subnet of clients based on IP (all
> profiles desktop and documents is fine) That way I will not miss anyone!
> But cannot get BackupPC to accept a wildcard?
> Any help greatly appriciated.
>
> Tony

> |This was sent by work AT twopauls.plus DOT com via Backup Central.

Attention:
recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or
privileged information and should not be copied, disclosed, distributed,
retained or used by any other party. If you are not an intended recipient
please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including
attachments and copies).

The statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Royal Marsden NHS
Foundation Trust. The Trust does not take any responsibility for the
statements and opinions of the author.

Website: http://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk