BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New release of BackupPC_deleteBackup - who can put it into the wiki?

2010-10-30 13:12:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New release of BackupPC_deleteBackup - who can put it into the wiki?
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:09:10 +0200

(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=How_to_delete_backups).
>>  > >> Jeffrey would do that but I didn't reach him via email :-(
>>
>> Sorry - I didn't receive any such email. Probably the best way to
>> reach me is via the mailing list if email fails.
>>
>> Of course, Matthias is the original owner -- I just added a few tweaks
>> ;)
>>
>> For my own internalversion control, can you tell me if any behaviors
>> changed other than adding --remove
>> Note I did a diff and noticed a fair number of changes but wasn't sure
>> which are "cosmetic", which are "bug fixes", which are "polish" and
>> which are "significant." The reason I am asking is that I notice at
>> least one change that would break the script on my
>> install. Specifically, the Fedora package version stores the config in
>> /etc/BackupPC while you changed it to /etc/backuppc. For this change
>> maybe the path could look both places or maybe there should be a
>> user-defined variable at the top of the script.
>>
>> Beyond that, I was wondering whether any of the "fixes" or "changes"
>> may similarly work on some systems but cause breaks on others.
>>
> Hi Jeffrey,
>
> All improvements which was provided in the wiki are included in this "new"
> release.
>
> In addition I've added:
> - remove XferLOG.<number>[.z] together with backup <number>
> - --remove will remove a host from the /etc/backuppc/hosts as well as all
> of his backups
> - (today) look for /etc/BackupPC as well as for /etc/backuppc
>
> All the rest from a diff should be cosmetics or changes which implemented
> not from me.
>

> So I would believe you can change the wiki text into:
>
> How to delete backups from the archive:
> Put this script somewhere in your path. It includes usage information when
> run without arguments.
>
> It will remove incremental backups too, if a full backup should be removed
> where the incrementals based on. The incrementals will also be removed if
> they are filled. Here is room for improvement :-)
>
> FreeBSD
> if you want to use BackupPC on a FreeBSD system, you have to change
> the 'stat' calls. Change the two occurencies of the line:
>
>         BackupTime=`stat -c "%y"
> $TopDir/pc/$client/$BackupNumber/backupInfo | awk '{print $1}'`
>
> into
>
>         BackupTime=`stat -f "%Sm" -t "%Y-%m-%d"
> $TopDir/pc/$client/$BackupNumber/backupInfo`
>
> br
> Matthias

Where is the problem?
More than a year ago I asked for an update of the mediawiki entry.
The entry is realy outdated!

Maybee someone can add me to the editor group so that I can update the
entry.
Send me a mail and ask me for the necessary account informations.

Thanks in advance
Matthias
--
Don't Panic