BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] MaxBackupPCNightlyJobs being ignored, but only on one host??

2010-10-15 01:07:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] MaxBackupPCNightlyJobs being ignored, but only on one host??
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:04:27 -0700
Robin writes:

> I have four hosts with identical configuration, as far as I know.
> All of them have:
>
>        $Conf{MaxBackupPCNightlyJobs} = 8;
>
> On one, and only one as far as I can tell, running:
>
>   sudo -u backuppc BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run
>
> results in:
>
>   $ ps -aef | grep -i nigh
>   backuppc  6375  2788  0 11:39 ?        00:00:12 /usr/bin/perl
> /usr/local/bin/BackupPC_nightly -m 0 31

As you noted, the "0 31" argument means it has read the config
correctly.

Is it possible that on this host the pool is relatively empty so the
other 7 children finish quickly?  The first one (with -m) does some
extra work, so it usually takes longer.  Look in the LOG file - there
should be an entry for each child starting and finishing.

Craig