BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] copying the pool

2010-10-04 08:59:10
Subject: [BackupPC-users] copying the pool
From: Chris Purves <chris AT northfolk DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:56:49 -0400
I recently copied the pool to a new hard disk following the "Copying the pool"
instructions from the main documentation.  The documentation says to copy the
'cpool', 'log', and 'conf' directories using any technique and the 'pc'
directory using BackupPC_tarPCCopy; however, there is no mention of what to do
with the 'pool' directory.  I thought it might be created automatically when
the nightly cleanup runs, but three days later and still no 'pool' directory.

Is this an oversight in the documentation or is the 'pool' directory not
needed?  I am using BackupPC 3.1.0.

Thanks.

--
Chris Purves

"I've seen the look of a fat man having dinner." - Frank Sinatra