BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Surprising disk usage, *not* a link problem (I don't think)

2010-09-17 09:29:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Surprising disk usage, *not* a link problem (I don't think)
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:26:57 +0100
On Friday 17 Sep 2010 12:15:49 Chris Hoy Poy wrote:
>    My pool is around 630GB and 3843035 files (so 1/5th the size and only
> half the number of files), but DF shows it to be 654GB on disk.

The first question we should as is "Does BackupPC's pool usage report actual
file size, or file size on disk (rounded up to nearest block)?" Does anyone
know
the answer?

I would expect it to show actual file size, because "size on disk" will vary
with filesystem, both at the BackupPC server and the host you might restore it
to. Only a true file size report would be useful. But it would be nice to
report and graph both.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Religion is autocratic, law is democratic, and science is
meritocratic. Religious logic is dogmatic, legal logic is axiomatic, and