BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Decrypt on PreDump

2010-07-01 14:26:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Decrypt on PreDump
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:25:17 -0500
On 7/1/2010 1:00 PM, Lord Vault wrote:

> I've found this:
>

>> [...] very painful design concepts:
>> - the place where to backup seems to be tightly coupled with all kind of
>> files related to the BackupPC engine/daemon (such as the internal database)
>> [...]
>

> Does that mean there's no solution to my problem? :(

Backuppc doesn't really have a database - it just depends on normal unix
filesystem behavior.   But, if the mounted partitions behaves like a
normal filesystem, all you should have to do is get what is already on
your /var/lib/backuppc directory onto the filesystem that will replace
it, then stop the backuppc service and only run it again while the
partition is mounted.  You'll need to make sure that backuppc_nightly
completes before you stop and unmount at least once in a while though.