BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Decrypt on PreDump

2010-07-01 14:17:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Decrypt on PreDump
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:15:32 +0100
I don't think that would work as PreDump. The daemon needs access to
/var/lib/backuppc just to run. You've have to do the LUKS mount at backuppc
start time.

Regards,
Tyler

On Thursday 01 July 2010 03:00:27 Lord Vault wrote:
> Hi everybody, i'm trying to make a backup on a luks encrypted disk using a
>  PreDump script like this:
>
> echo password | cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb backupDisk
> mount /dev/mapper/backupDisk /var/lib/backuppc
>
> where
>
> $Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
>

> But BackupPC somehow senses the change and returns me "Error: Unable to
>  connect to BackupPC server" in the "<hostname> Home" page. I'm aiming to
>  let the disk unencrypted only during backups, and possibly using luks.
>
> Can you please help me? I've tried to figure it out for almost the whole
>  day. Thanks!

> |This was sent by lord.vault AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

"Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein