BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] A restore question

2010-06-26 13:57:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] A restore question
From: Almeida <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:17:19 -0400
Hi,

I got some interest issues about restore process. I can restore a file
previously backuped in one server to another one. But just for little files;
not big ones. I would like to know if there is some restriction about it. In my
case, i've tried to restore a 8gb, but BackupPC bring me an error. Follow it:

restore failed (abandoning restore, -1 from read tar header)

Is there any kind of limitation for large files or is just a matter of some
configuration that i should do? If i can backup a large file i think i can
restore it just like, isn't?

Thanks in advance and forgive me for my bad english!

And a hello from Brazil.