BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc and Ubuntu with Sudo

2010-06-21 13:36:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc and Ubuntu with Sudo
From: Ed McDonagh <ed.mcdonagh AT rmh.nhs DOT uk>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:34:35 +0100
Or better,
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/ssh.html#how_can_client_access_as_root_be_avoided

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 12:19 -0500, Trey Nolen wrote:

Jaco wrote:
> Ok, so my Backuppc is running perfectly (on my Debian clients) but how
> do I get Backuppc to backup my Ubuntu clients running sudo?  Can't get
> SSH to login passwordless with the root account because of sudo...?
> Your help highly appreciated!

On your Ubuntu clients, just sudo -i to change to root, and then use the
passwd command to give the root account a password.  That will unlock
the account.  I recommend setting up your sshd so it only accepts keys
and not passwords.

Trey Nolen

Attention:
This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information and should not be copied, disclosed, distributed, retained or used by any other party. If you are not an intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including attachments and copies).
The statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust does not take any responsibility for the statements and opinions of the author.
Website:
http://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk