BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC can't find Compress::Zlib after recent update on Centos 5

2010-06-13 19:52:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC can't find Compress::Zlib after recent update on Centos 5
From: Pete Geenhuizen <pete AT geenhuizen DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:49:41 -0400
This morning I got an update for BackupPC to BackupPC-3.1.0-6.el5, and
now it complains that it can't find Compress::Zlib.

I've experienced this problem in the past and was able to find the
necessary fix, i.e. use rpms rather than CPAN modules, which I did and
the problems was solved, so I'm a bit surprised that this has cropped up
again and don't know what to do next.

I have the following RPMs installed
perl-IO-Compress-2.024-1.el5.rf
perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.024-1.el5.rf
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.024-1.el5.rf

Not sure what other information to provide at this point.

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
 -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers