BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] restore file attributes

2010-06-02 03:20:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] restore file attributes
From: Chris Bennett <chris AT ceegeebee DOT com>
To: Matteo Sgalaberni <sgala AT sgala DOT com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:47:46 +0930
Hi Matteo,

> First export a list of the files on the backup:

How did you restore the data to start with?  I've restored via
rsync-over-ssh, tarvall 'archive' (e.g. archive host) and tarball
download and permissions are carried across in all cases.

I noticed an issue with incorrect name/group permissions in a
partciular corner case, but that's different from having to
chown/chgrp the entire restored tree like you're suggesting.

I'm curious to know what you've observed for this that required you to
reapply permissions.

Regards,

Chris Bennett
cgb