BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Days since last backup is wrong

2010-06-01 10:55:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Days since last backup is wrong
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Marcelino Mata <mmata AT multimatic DOT com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:39:43 -0700
Marcelino writes:

> The message is from "/usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Lang/en.pm." and
> says something like this:
> "Your PC (user) has not been successfully backed up for 14760.2 days."
>
> I noticed the message comes from $days but I can't figure out how it's
> calculating it wrong...

14760 days ago is approximately 1970, which is 0 in unix time.
So perhaps a 0 ended up in the backups file for that host.

Was it ever hand edited?  Is there any way your host could have
had its system time set to such a value?

Can you email me the backups file for that host?  Look in the pc
directory (eg, /data/BackupPC/pc/HOST) and see the LOG file names.
They are of the form

    LOG.MMYYYY.gz

where MM is the month and YYYY is the year.  Are there any old dates
there?

Also, what output to you get from these two commands:

    perl -e 'print time'
    perl -e 'print scalar(localtime)'

Craig