BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP and --whole-file

2010-04-29 08:46:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP and --whole-file
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:44:52 +0200
On Thursday 29 April 2010 13:58:12 Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> Or am I making a huge mistake chosing rsync over tar for localhost backup?

I use local rsync for backing up the server itself (indeed, for about 70
servers), and it has always been fine for me.  I don't think the checksumming
really makes much difference, as once it is copied (to itself) it will still
have to be checksummed to go into the pool.

Is the checksum caching rsync does the same as the checksum that is stored in
the pool?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any
other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its