BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sudden "fileListReceive failed"-error

2010-04-27 05:09:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sudden "fileListReceive failed"-error
From: Chris Hoy Poy <kryanth AT gopc DOT net>
To: sorin srbu <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:47:53 +0800 (WST)
Hi Sorin

This is due to /etc/bashrc doing something at the start of the SSH session

I recently saw the same issue that someone fixed with the following:

there was a line in /etc/bashrc that was outputting:
mesg y

Simply changed it to include a terminal check:
[ -t 0 ] && mesg y

Seems to be an issue with recent updates to Fedora Core/RHEL/Centos ?

cheers;

Chris Hoy Poy
Senior Systems Architect
GoPC Pty Ltd